Welcome, UCLA instructors!
If you are teaching with technology at UCLA, this is your landing page. Stop searching and start here to find help and information in support of your digitally enabled teaching.
This is the spot for troubleshooting the use of technology tools, and learning about technology resources. Resources for pedagogy and teaching support can be found in the righthand navigation.
Check with your department or your local IT group to see if they provide computers or loaner equipment to faculty and instructors. The following are campus-wide resources available to faculty, staff and students.
- Laptop and Equipment Loans (CLICC Reservations Portal) – The UCLA Library and CLICC offer laptops and other equipment to facilitate remote work. By creating an account on the CLICC Reservations Portal, students and instructors can request loaner equipment for use during the academic term. Most loan periods will span the quarter.
- Mifi Wireless Hotspot – The IT Services Mobile Program is available for faculty to order a “hotspot” through their department.
- UCLA Store – Offers educational pricing to purchase your own equipment.
Many software tools and services are available at UCLA, either through campuswide or local department licenses. These links provide guidance on available software tools and services.
- Campus-Supported Software – Describes campuswide and local software that are supported, have been obtained through UCLA contracts, are integrated with other campus systems, and have been approved/cleared for accessibility, privacy, and security.
- CLICC Software List – – A list of specialty software available to instructors and students with remote access by logging into the CLICC Virtual Desktop service. Available titles are listed under “CLICC Virtual Desktop”. You can also consult Instructions on accessing a CLICC Virtual Desktop.
- Digital Textbooks & Course Readers – To provide students with cost-effective content for remote instruction.
- Local department labs – Departments may provide access to software on department lab computers.
- Software Central – List of products available for departmental purchase through Software Central.
- Connect at Home – Information on remote work tools available campuswide, including Zoom, Box, VPN and DocuSign.